Servicing Clients' Employment Law Needs in a COVID-19 Landscape
March 31, 2020 | 12:00pm EST
In this first in a series of webinars, we focus on how law firms are tackling some of the employment and OHS issues their clients are facing as they navigate and adapt to COVID-19.
Discover how law firms can address client’s legal needs when most interactions must be done remotely, the top employment law and safety issues clients are facing, how COVID-19 has impacted the nature of clients’ responsibilities with a dispersed workforce and client obligations for providing a safe and healthy work environment.
On the agenda:
- What are the top employment and OHS questions clients are asking?
- How can legal practitioners service clients needs effectively during the pandemic crisis
- Update on the latest laws and regulatory changes from the federal, provincial and municipal governments
- How does the Employment Standards Act impact client obligations?
- What are the legal nuances of remote working and return to work – what accommodations does an employer need to provide?
- Reducing workforces during and after a pandemic
- Reviewing client responsibility for ensuring the mental health and wellbeing of their workforce
- Practical advice for ensuring client information remains secure and privacy protected
- Participate by submitting your most pressing legal questions to a panel of experts
Stikeman Elliott LLP
Deanah I. Shelly